After a few requests i’ve now tried to install Twonky Server 7 on the NAS_Devices and i can tell you that it works. The following article describes the installation. Before you proceed please check here if Version 7.11-Special is still the current version. If not, please add a comment below.
This tutorial requires an installed fun_plug!
Continue reading Installation of Twonky Server 7 on NAS-devices
D-Link has released a update (1.02) for the firmware for the DNS-325. Here is the changelog:
1. [Bug Fix] Port redirection issue of GUI.
2. [Bug Fix] P2P seeding function is broken.
3. [New Feature] Support 3TB Disk.
4. [Bug Fix] Apple Finder failed to browse file through Samba issue.
5. [New Feature] Support Amazon S3 Cloud Backup.
6. [Bug Fix] Support WD My Book Essential 2TB USB 2.0.
7. [Bug Fix] P2P shared folder able to invisible via FTP.
8. [Bug Fix] “Blocking unauthorized login of nobody, root and etc special users”.
9. [Bug Fix] Block Raid Migration from DNS-323 (causing corrupted data).
10. [New feature] WebDAV support Open Mode.
11. [Bug Fix] System time will be +1 hour after restart.
12. [Bug Fix] If you apply a Samba share to FTP service, you are no way to disable it individually besides deleting the whole share from “Network Share”.
13. [Bug Fix] Print server does not work when custom shares are configured.
14. [Bug Fix] Workgroup Name is to restrictive and does not allow legitament characters.
15. [Bug Fix] printserver does not work when custom shares are configured.
16. [Bug Fix] Fan non-stopping issue.
17. [Bug Fix] Cannot copy files bigger than 200MB to USB drive.
18. [Bug Fix] External Drive with NTFS partiton support Read/Write.
19. [New Feature] Time Machine fails to work on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion issue.
20. [New Feature] Support Samsung D2 version Nand Flash.
21. [Bug Fix] System Time drift issue.
22. [Bug Fix] FTP backup issue with 722/726.
23. [Bug Fix] Support IE9.
You can download the Firmware here (or from my mirror)
D-Link has released Beta-Firmware 1.02 Build 01 for the D-Link DNS-325 on 01-Jun-2011 without me noticing it. Here you can see the Changelog:
1. [New Feature] Support for 3TB drives.
2. [BUG FIX] Apple Finder failed to browse file through Samba issue.
3. [New Feature] Support for Amazon S3 Cloud Backup.
4. [BUG FIX] Support WD My Book Essential 2TB USB 2.0
5. [BUG FIX] P2P shared folder now able to be hidden from FTP server
6. [BUG FIX] “Block unauthorized login of nobody, root and etc special users”
7. [Change] Block Raid Migration from DNS-323 (causing corrupted data)
8. [New Feature] WebDAV support Open Mode.
9. [BUG FIX] System time will be +1 hour after restart
10. [BUG FIX] If you apply a Samba share to FTP service, there is no way to disable it individually besides deleting the whole share from “Network Share”
Audio Streamer: DNS-325 audiostreamer Package v1.01
Photo Center: DNS-325 PhotoCenter Package v1.01
SqueezeCenter : DNS-325 squeeze_center Package v1.10
SqueezeCenter related : squeezeboxserver-7.5.3
Blog: DNS-325 Blog Package v1.01
Attention: This is BETA-Code, it might break your device, delete your data and eat your dog!
You can get the Firmware here at D-Link (Or from my Mirror).
A while back i wrote a tutorial on how to compile additional kernel-modules for the D-Link DNS-320 and DNS-325. From time to time i get asked if it would be possible to compile module XYZ. In this post I’m publishing the past results of my compilation sessions. If you need further modules, i can provide them on request.
Continue reading Precompiled Kernel-Modules for the D-Link DNS-320 and DNS-325
A while back i updated the openvpn-package with the tun.ko for the DNS-320 and DNS-325. Problem was, that i needed to compile a kernel module first. Thankfully D-Link provides a ZIP-File with the sources of Code used for the DNS-320. Unfortunately it didn’t work out of the box, but i was able to pull a script which works together for you. If you want to download all my finished modules just visit this page.
Continue reading Building an additional Kernel Module for the DNS-320 / DNS-325
This tutorial is deprecated, please use the tutorial for the current version.
Since a while there is a new version of the Twonkymedia Server 6 available. Many readers asked me how to update to this version without loosing the configuration of the already installed version. This article describes the update for the following devices:
- Conceptronic CH3MNAS
- D-Link DNS-320
- D-Link DNS-321
- D-Link DNS-325
- D-Link DNS-343
For other devices, please follow this article. If you are searching for the article regarding the initial installation (not the update), please look here for this.
Continue reading Update of Twonkymedia Server 6 on the Conceptronic CH3MNAS, D-Link DNS-320,DNS-321,DNS-325 and DNS-343
Many people asked me to compile various packages over the last few years. Sometimes i was able to help and sometimes (in rare occasions) i had to reject a request when it was impossible to fulfill it. Then i often told the requestor to install optware which originated from the NSLU2-Project and provides many addition packages. I didn’t have experienc on this, so i had to leave them in the dark. Until recently. Continue reading Installation of Optware on the D-Link DNS-320, DNS-321, DNS-325, DNS-343, DNS-345 and Conceptronic CH3MNAS
After unpacking the D-Link DNS-325 i checked the performance of the DNS-325 in the Network. All these measurements were done in my home environment so be careful to see them as representative.
Continue reading Transfer rate and Networkperformance of the D-Link DNS-325
Here the output of cat
cat /proc/cpuinfo on the D-Link DNS-325:
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 1196.03
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant : 0x2
CPU part : 0x131
CPU revision : 1
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 16384
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 128
D size : 16384
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 128
Hardware : Feroceon-KW
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
Here the output of cat
cat /proc/meminfo on the D-Link DNS-325:
MemTotal: 255472 kB
MemFree: 115328 kB
Buffers: 22200 kB
Cached: 90708 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 65260 kB
Inactive: 56680 kB
SwapTotal: 530040 kB
SwapFree: 530040 kB
Dirty: 4 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 9048 kB
Mapped: 9948 kB
Slab: 15024 kB
SReclaimable: 5036 kB
SUnreclaim: 9988 kB
PageTables: 488 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 657776 kB
Committed_AS: 55196 kB
VmallocTotal: 385024 kB
VmallocUsed: 1284 kB
VmallocChunk: 383736 kB